Chilled Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
Inspired by Home Cooks
Ingredients15 m servings 218
- Crumble the cake into a 9x13 inch dish.
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese and SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries and glaze until strawberries are evenly coated. Spread over cream cheese layer. Chill until serving.
- This is a reduced sugar version of a recipe originally submitted by an Allrecipes home cook.
- Serving Size: 1 (2 x 3 inch) square
Per Serving: 218 calories; 11 25.2 3.2 27 242 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I made this recipe for a Father's Day gathering. I followed the recipe exactly except for one exception. I used heated Smucker's Strawberry jelly instead of the starberry glaze. Also, I found a...
I didn't have Splenda, so I substituted powdered sugar. I used a reduced calorie & fat angel food cake and whipped topping. Next time I'll try a reduced fat cream cheese too.
I gave this 4 stars because it was heavier than I thought, next time I'll probably only use one block of cream cheese and extra cool whip. I used strawberries and blackberries and that part was ...
A lovely cool dessert that doesn't require baking. I found the dessert a little heavy; will try it with one package of cream cheese, as others have suggested. Easy to make, can be low-cal, low...
I just made this dessert. You would never know it was low in sugar. My husband didn't have 2nds he had 4ths, my whole family LOVED it.
This is a great dessert, just too much cream cheese, I used 1 package and it was much lighter. also you can use the low fat cream cheese and cool whip lowering the fat content significantly.
This was really good! Easy to make and a light dessert. I got rave reviews on Mother's Day! If it hadn't been eaten so fast I would have taken a picture to post!