Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 263 cals
- Place the dried mushrooms into the boiling water and set aside until softened, about 20 minutes. Once softened, squeeze excess water from mushrooms and finely chop. Reserve the mushroom-flavored water.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. Once cooked, set aside.
- Pour chicken broth into a large pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and reserved mushroom liquid. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, artichokes, pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and white wine. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes; add to the simmering chicken broth.
- Slice the grilled chicken breasts into strips and stir into the simmering soup. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Per Serving: 263 calories; 12.1 g fat; 17.6 g carbohydrates; 19.3 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 806 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Don't let my initial 4 star (WAIT.. it is a 5 star but, 4 star as a result of my OWN lack of ingredients.... rating detour you from trying an exceptional recipe. I followed directions EXCEPT I ...
I liked the flavours and consistency of the soup but would consider adding only one can of artichoke hearts next time and maybe a potato or two instead of the second can. I found the soup too sa...