Chicken Thighs with Crispy Prosciutto and Foie Gras Pate
Ingredients2 h servings 512 cals
- Cut pate into 12 rectangles, and place onto a plate lined with plastic wrap. Place into the freezer. Combine chicken thighs and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Seal with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Gently fry the prosciutto in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain, cool and crumble into a bowl. Season with garlic powder to taste; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove chicken thighs from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade. Lay the chicken thighs out flat on a clean work surface. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle crumbled prosciutto in the center. Place a cube of pate on top of the prosciutto, then wrap the thigh around the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat corn oil in a large skillet over high heat. Place thighs into oil, and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes. When browned, place thighs seam side down into a glass baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink, and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes, depending on size.
Per Serving: 512 calories; 38.5 g fat; 4.1 g carbohydrates; 34.8 g protein; 173 mg cholesterol; 1176 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Good. But leave out Fois Gras. I'm not sure why my comments keep getting edited out but others' comments are still here... all the same, good recipe.
Delicious and easy recipe- don't change a thing! Foie gras is a bit pricey, as are most quality ingredients. As for it being "cruel" that is a misconception, easily disproved with a little rese...
Great recipe! I did not use foie gras, it is expensive. I used a regular pate, and it was delicious! I would also try with the mock foie gras recipe posted here as well.