Ingredients50 m servings 221
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the chopped onion, bell pepper, green onions, and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in the evaporated milk and bring to a simmer. Stir in the processed cheese until melted. Reduce the heat to low, and keep the sauce warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/2 teaspoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crawfish tails and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning. Cook and stir until the tails are hot and beginning to curl, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir the crawfish tails into the cheese sauce, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook the pistolette rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Once cool enough to handle, cut a slit in one end of each roll, then use the handle of a spoon to create a pocket in the roll. Stuff the rolls with the crawfish mixture and serve immediately.
- Editor's Note
- Pistolette rolls are also known as French rolls in other parts of the country.
Per Serving: 221 calories; 10.7 18.2 13 69 435 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Made these for Christmas and followed the recipe to letter with the exception of a dash more creole seasoning. I have made several other versions and this was the best and easiest. I especiall...
Delicious!!! I live in New Orleans and LOVE that I can make these at home now, instead of waiting for the next festival. Thanks!!
We made this for the first time last night, and it was delish. Maybe a little complicated with the multiple veggies and cheese that needed to be chopped, but nothing too bad, just prep everythi...
I live in Baton Rouge and was so excited when I ran across this recipe. They were super easy to make and remind me of family gatherings as a child! Plus I now don't have to wait for Jazz Fest in...
OMG! DELICIOUS! made these tonight and they were so easy to make.
Absolutely delicious! I live in south Louisiana and had never tried this. I followed the recipe exactly as shown. It was easy to make and were a hit with my family!