BUSH'S® South of the Border Sizzler
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"'I serve this meal with whole wheat tortillas and fresh salsa and it's delicious!! Love the black beans!' Jill, WI - Member of the BUSH'S® Beans Moms and Kids Panel."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 265
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season flank steak with chili powder, salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and flank steak. Sear flank steak in pan over high heat until browned on both sides. Cut flank steak into thin strips against the grain. Each serving will be approximately 3 ounces.
- Combine lime juice, garlic, and remaining olive oil in bowl. Set aside.
- Combine black beans, corn, zucchini, and red peppers in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Open a double layer of foil; place a piece of parchment paper on top. Fold paper in half and open again. Place 1/8 of the bean mixture on one side of crease. Drizzle with 1 teaspoons of lime mixture. Place sliced flank steak on top and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons lime mixture. Sprinkle scallions on top. Fold paper and foil to close like a book. Crimp edges starting at edge of foil, twisting completely to seal. The packages must be tightly sealed so it will capture the steam created when cooking.
- Place packages on baking sheet; do not overlap or let them touch. Bake until flank steak is completely cooked, approximately 15 minutes.
- Created for BUSH'S® Beans by Connie Guttersen, R.D. PhD, nutrition instructor at the Culinary Institute of America and author of The Sonoma Diet.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 11.5 29.5 15.3 21 276 Full nutrition