Spicy Fried Shrimp
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 335
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Puree red onion in a blender or food processor.
- Season shrimp with about 1/2 of the turmeric and salt.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, the remaining turmeric, and water. Season with salt; simmer until water evaporates, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Add pureed onions, jalapenos, ginger-garlic paste, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, and black pepper. Cook and stir until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Combine cinnamon stick, poppy seeds, coconut milk powder, cardamom, cloves, star anise, nutmeg, oregano, and rosemary in a separate saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until masala is aromatic, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour masala into the onion-jalapeno mixture; cook, covered, over medium heat until flavors blend, about 7 minutes. Add shrimp, lime juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and red food coloring; cook and stir until flavors are absorbed, about 5 minutes more.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 21 11.9 20.8 180 663 Full nutrition