Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 155
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, baking soda and salt; cut in peanut butter and 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a small bowl combine milk, egg yolk and vanilla extract; beat with fork until blended. Add to flour mixture. Transfer mixture to an electric mixer; beat at low speed until well blended. Divide dough in half. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll each half of dough between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place half the cut-outs 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place about 1/2 measuring teaspoon jelly in center of each. Top with remaining cutouts. Press edges with fork. Pierce top several times with toothpick.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies lightly with sugar.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle again with sugar. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 5.6 24.6 2.3 9 77 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I make these all the time, I use splenda and half of the flour I use whole wheat, and I prefer to use rasberry jelly. They are always a hit!
These were a little time consuming so be prepared for that, but my kids loved them and I thought they were great aswell. I did add extra sugar to the batter instead of adding so much to the tops...