Texas Hot Sauce
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 143
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in beef and pork and cook, stirring frequently until brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in hot dogs. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the browning sauce, pepper, salt, tomato paste and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour, uncovered. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the paprika, chili powder, cinnamon and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Using a hand held mixer blend the bread crumbs into the sauce and it's ready to serve!
Per Serving: 143 calories; 9.3 9 6.1 19 254 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
THIS RECIPE WAS ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE TRIED. THE AMOUNT OF TIME REQUIRED WAS TOTALLY WASTED. IT HAD NO TASTE WHATSOEVER!
Unlike Susannah, I found this Texas hot sauce to be very good. It's a good thing, because I made a triple batch. I froze it in several small freezer bags. Everybody in this house loves it.
I decided on two changes before I ever started this recipe. Partly due to what I had on hand and partly due to personal preference. I did not add any hot dogs to the sauce. It didn't need it as ...