Warm Orange and Mushroom Salad
Ingredients45 m servings 456 cals
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup bacon fat, orange juice, shallots, olive oil and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach and radicchio.
- Heat 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shitake mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add oyster mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; add to greens and toss.
- Pour dressing into same skillet and boil 2 minutes. Pour dressing over greens. Add bacon, orange segments and chopped hazelnuts. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish salad with enoki mushrooms and serve.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 33.6 g fat; 30.4 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 377 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I omitted the radicchio, added more spinach and added 2 boiled eggs and 1 chopped ripe avacado. They loved it! The hazelnuts and oranges make it! Simply delicious! A meal in itself!
I forgot to add the toasted hazelnuts! Was still one of the best salads I have ever had. Oh! I used half portobellos and half buttons because that's what I had on hand. I'd bet any mix of mushro...
The overall flavor of this was quite good. i didn't have enough bacon drippings and was glad i didn't. i used the 2 tablesp in the dressing(all i really had left over) and did not add any addi...