Ingredients15 m servings 436
- Combine the half and half, sugar, vanilla, and strawberries in a quart size resealable plastic bag. Press the air out of the bag, seal, and shake bag to combine contents. Place the bag into a gallon sized zip top bag. Add the ice to the gallon bag, press the air out, and seal bag.
- Wrap bags in a hand towel. Shake continuously, until the contents of the small bag thickens into soft-serve ice cream, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse the small bag quickly under cold water to wash off salt. Lay the ice cream filled baggie on a flat surface. Use a wooden spoon handle to push the ice cream down to the bottom corner of the baggie. Snip off the corner, and squeeze ice cream into a bowl.
- Cook's Note
- Try other mix-ins too...I like Torani® Irish Cream syrup and crushed Oreo® cookies.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt used in the freezing process. The salt is not consumed.
Per Serving: 436 calories; 27.9 38.9 7.4 90 22902 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Step one should mention that you put the salt in with the ice... it took me a few minutes to figure it out (I'm trying to learn to cook, so not obvious to me) also had to google kosher salt ver...
Another great way to get the kids involved is to use two metal coffee cans one small with the ice cream bag in it and one large with the salt and ice. Place the small can in the large can (make ...
My kids used a recipe very similar to this in Pre-School. It was a great project for them, everyone had tons of fun. Surprisingly it works! Their arms got a little tired from all the shaking,...
I promised my 4 year old a vanilla ice cream cone, but the local ice cream stand was closed! So in less than 15 minutes I whipped this up and I had one thrilled 4 year old. I only had whole mi...
This recipe was so fun to make with my 4 year old niece! the ice cream wasn't bad either! it was however very hard to squeeze the ice cream out of the bag without hurting my hands too much becau...
This was so fun and kid friendly. And best of all it was delicious! This will become a tradition at our house.
My daughter had a blast making these! She did get tired quickly though, so I took advantage to workout my triceps and biceps lol.
Loved it!! Added extra sugar and strawberries to second batch I made and turned out even better if possible