Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a covered large saucepan cook the onions, carrots, cilantro, ginger, garlic, and allspice in hot oil over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender container or food processor bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.
- In the same saucepan combine pumpkin, LACTAID(R) Reduced Fat Milk, and remaining broth. Stir in the blended vegetable mixture and the 8 ounces shrimp; heat through. If desired, thread additional cooked shrimp on small skewers. Ladle soup into soup bowls. If desired, top each serving with snipped chives and a shrimp skewer.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups (1/4 of recipe)
- Amount per serving: Calories, 260; Calories from Fat, 100; Total Fat, 11g; Saturated Fat, 2g; Cholesterol, 120mg; Sodium, 690mg; Total Carbohydrate, 23g; Dietary Fiber, 7g; Sugars, 14g; Protein, 20g; Calcium, 206mg
- © Copyright 2007, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
- Kitchen Tip
- It is not safe to thaw fish, seafood, or any type of meat at room temperature. The best way to thaw frozen shrimp, is to place the unopened original container in the refrigerator and allow the shrimp to thaw overnight. Or, place the wrapped package under cold running water until thawed.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2