Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 304 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 waffles)
- Make Butterscotch Sauce: In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, 1/4 cup LACTAID(R) Reduced Fat Milk, and butter. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Make Waffles: In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl combine the egg yolks, LACTAID(R) Reduced Fat Milk, and oil; stir into flour mixture all at once, stirring just until combined but still slightly lumpy. Stir peanuts into batter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold egg whites into batter, leaving a few fluffs of egg white. Do not overmix.
- Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cups of batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with warm Butterscotch Sauce and, if desired, fresh berries.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 13.3 g fat; 43.9 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 193 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These are pretty tasty. I used regular milk instead of Lactaid, but otherwise followed the instructions. Whipped cream would have made it better, but whipped cream makes most things better.