Ingredients45 m servings 173 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Mix in remaining 1 cup SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, lemon juice, and blackberries. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls. Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until dough is golden brown.
- This is a reduced sugar version of a recipe originally submitted by an Allrecipes home cook.
- Serving Size: 1 scoop (1/8 of cobbler)
Per Serving: 173 calories; 9.1 g fat; 21 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 253 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I planted thornless blackberries a couple of years ago and now have a bumper crop. I tried this recipe and it was good, but way too sweet. I think the problem was that my fresh-picked berries ...
Just went berry picking at our favorite local or hard the other day and picked blackberries especially for my Dad. Usually I would make a fruit crisp for dessert, but Dad had his stomach set on...
I did cut down the Splenda by about 1/3 and it came out great. My diabetic husband was thrilled with this. Thanks for sharing.
I've made this cobbler twice with rave reviews and never any leftovers! Definitely one of my favorites...I love the way it cooks in the cast iron skillet and the doughy-crust is delicious!
Excellent result - I hadn't used Splenda for cooking before and was hesitant to use the full amount with the fruit - so cut it to a half cup (personal preference for tart berries) - otherwise fo...