Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 312 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- In medium saucepan, combine reserved liquids from pineapple and oranges (equals about 1 1/2 cups), SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, eggs, salt and flour. Cook until thick, stirring constantly. When mixture becomes thick, add cooked pasta and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, add pineapple and oranges, whipped topping and marshmallows to taste. Mix together and top with cherries if desired. Keep chilled until served.
- This is a reduced sugar version of a recipe originally submitted by an Allrecipes home cook.
- Serving Size: 1 cups fruit salad
Per Serving: 312 calories; 7.2 g fat; 58.9 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 156 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This recipe is great!! A lot better then the other I had which was a bit too much sugar, and instead of the heavy cream I used 1 8oz container of coolwhip and the whole jar of cherries plus a f...
I had this once at my sister's house and she called it Frog Eye Salad. It was a great way to get the kids eating fruit. It is a little sweet and it yields a lot. Great for potlucks.
My family loves this salad.. especially the kids. Easy to make.. it's a fun dish! We call it Frog Eye Salad.
Woooow, don't double the recipe! I do not have a bowl big enough to hold the doubled recipe. I should have looked at the serving size. One cup of this salad would be pretty heavy. Made it wi...