Ingredients40 m servings 423
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender. Remove and cool under cold water. Reserve six stalks and cut remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook and clean shrimp. Again reserve the best six and dice the remainder. In a bowl, combine shrimp and asparagus, mix gently with mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, marinate the artichoke hearts in 1 cup French dressing.
- Place shrimp and asparagus in an attractive shallow bowl. Garnish with sieved egg and arrange reserved asparagus on top to resemble the spokes of a wheel.
- Drain the artichoke bottoms and garnish each with a dollop of mayonnaise, 1 whole shrimp and 1 parsley sprig. Arrange them around the salad.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 33 13.9 17.1 186 690 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This looks better than it tastes, but it was pretty good. Next time I would use a little less dressing, and make sure you get artichoke bottoms, not hearts.
delicious and fun to make. The colors ar great, also. Just a delightful summer salad!
I little on the bland side but overall good. Very pretty. I followed the previous reviewers advice and cut back on the dressing and it worked out well. It's a great way to use up leftover shrim...
This was soooo good. I made it to use as sides for my lunches last week, but instead I ate it all at one time. Make sure you let it sit in the fridge for a bit before you eat it though - taste...
I served this salad to seven guests, and everyone raved about it. One person even commented (without knowing the.name of the recipe) that "it seems so French." I cooked the asparagus and shrimp ...