Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 45 m servings 274 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (2 pounds chicken wings)
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, sake, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, monosodium glutamate, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and let cool.
- Cut wings at the joint to make drumettes. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in sauce. Marinade in the refrigerator, at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove chicken wings from sauce; grill until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour sauce into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange chicken wings in a single layer in a large baking dish; pour sauce on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning and basting frequently, until wings are browned, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute cooking sherry for the sake if preferred.
- Substitute balsamic vinegar for the rice vinegar if preferred.
- Tips can be discarded or saved to make broth.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 3.3 g fat; 44.1 g carbohydrates; 14.7 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 2534 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1