Toasted Strawberry-Cream Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
Ingredients1 h 6 m servings 746 cals
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with the sparkling wine and let marinate at least 20 minutes. Drain the strawberries, reserving the sparkling wine. Set aside 1/2 cup of strawberries for a garnish.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, white chocolate, orange zest, and orange juice in a separate bowl; stir and blend until smooth.
- Spread 4 slices of raisin bread with the cream cheese mixture. Arrange the drained strawberries over the cream cheese. Top with remaining 4 slices of raisin bread to make a sandwich.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet; cook until lightly toasted on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the toasted sandwiches on serving plates, and cut in half. Drizzle evenly with maple syrup, and garnish with remaining strawberries. Serve with the reserved sparkling wine.
Per Serving: 746 calories; 38.5 g fat; 84.9 g carbohydrates; 11.1 g protein; 84 mg cholesterol; 446 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
These are fantastic!!!! I hope everyone enjoys this recipe. Just a few notes to make them perfect: Watch the heat of the skillet as the bread toasts really quickly, never walk away as you will p...
Oh, my! Absolutely delicious! I did alter the recipe though. I am not a fan of sparling wine, so I simply sat the strawberries in some water with sugar. I didn't have an orange, so I omitted the...
What a great recipe! I made this for a bridal brunch we had for work and everyone loved it. It was something different from the usual fare of eggs and meat. It was very refreshing. The previ...
This was just lovely! I'm looking forward to the occasion to make exactly as stated, but I did make some changes - used the whole wheat bread I had on hand, fat free cream cheese, omitted white...
Very good indead!! I used slices of pound cake instead of the raisin bread, and it was yum-o!! Definitly have to have a glass of pink champagne along with this.
At last, something fun to make for a special occasion breakfast besides the typical pancakes/waffles/french toast fare! I made this for my boyfriend's birthday and we both really liked it. I u...
Delicious! I didn't use the champagne either, just fresh strawberries- and it was perfect.
Really rich but really good! A keeper for an occassional splurge for us. I didn't use the sparking wine and I subbed orange extract for the orange zest, but the flavor was still really good. ...