Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 13 m servings 403
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks together in a saucepan; add milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; cover and chill until thickened into a custard, about 1 hour.
- Crush 1 pint raspberries into a small saucepan. Add 1/3 cup water; bring to a boil. Strain into a bowl, reserving raspberry juice and discarding seeds. Pour juice into a measuring cup and add enough water to measure 1 cup.
- Combine raspberry juice, 3/4 cup white sugar, cornstarch, and salt in the same small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thick, about 2 minutes. Cover and chill for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Unroll pie crust and press against the side and bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Fold excess crust under and press together to form an edge; flute. Prick bottom and side with fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk mascarpone cheese into the cooled custard. Pour into the pie crust. Arrange remaining 1 pint raspberries in concentric circles over the custard, starting from the edge. Pour glaze over raspberries. Chill pie until glaze sets, about 2 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If using a homemade pie crust, look for one that will complement a rich filling. I recommend "Healthier Pie Crust" from this site. Cool crust completely before using.
Per Serving: 403 calories; 22.7 47.4 5.3 113 176 Full nutrition