Guatemalan Rellenitos de Platano
Inspired by Home Cooks
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 203 cals
- Place the plantains in water to cover in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the refried beans. Stir in the SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener and salt. Remove from heat.
- To make the rellenitos, form a palm-sized amount of mashed plantains into a ball; flatten and place about a teaspoon of the bean mixture in the middle; then mold the sides of the plantain around the beans, making an egg-shaped ball.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), or until a small amount of batter sizzles and browns in the oil. Fry rellenitos in oil until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- This is a reduced sugar version of a recipe originally submitted by an Allrecipes home cook.
- Serving Size: 1 rellenito
Per Serving: 203 calories; 8.1 g fat; 33.5 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 304 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
SO good. I make these every year to celebrate my Guatemalan born daughter's birthday.
Good recipe, very delicious. I made this for my in-laws who are Guatemalan and they loved it!
so good, just make sure the plantains are ripe, this way you won't even need sugar at all, the plantains natural sugar is more than enough.
I made these over the weekend and added powdered sugar to top them off. I made many of them and none lasted. This is very close to to he original recipe and less time consuming. But I suggest to...