Pasteles De Coco (Coconut Pastries)
Ingredients50 m servings 334
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out each sheet of pastry dough slightly, just to thin it. Cut each sheet into 12 squares, and place half the squares on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least half an inch between each square.
- Place a spoonful of coconut in the center of each pastry square, then top with a second pastry square. Pinch the dough on two sides to seal in the coconut filling.
- Bake pastries in preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 334 calories; 18.8 37.8 4.1 0 107 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I am Cuban and I love these, one trick my mom uses is brush a little diluted apricot jam on top for glazing delightful yummy!!!!! This recipe also works with Guava Paste.
Easy peasy...made these with my toddler! Yummy...I didn't have canned grated coconut, I used orange flower water and golden syrup with some honey to wet the dry coconut...I added pine nuts...I t...
I once had these while visiting Puerto Rico. I had no idea how easy they were to make. Tasty little things and not too sweet. Thanks again for sharing!!! Reviewed during the Western region Alls...
Difficult to find these ingredients in my area, but I made due. I used fillo dough, spread the layers with a diluted pineapple preserves mixture, and put a mixture of shredded coconut, honey, p...