Ingredientsservings 349 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl beat together eggs and milk. Add 2 cups flour, salt and pepper. Beat all together until smooth. In a shallow dish or plate mix together the breadcrumbs and almonds. Dip chicken in egg batter, then in breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter/margarine and saute coated chicken in skillet 8 to 10 minutes. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- To Make Sauce: Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan mix together the SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon flour. Then stir in the orange juice, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water. Mix all together and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils. Let boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter/margarine, the orange rind and the lemon rind to the orange sauce and stir together. Remove chicken from oven and pour orange sauce over warm chicken or put in a gravy boat for people to pour themselves. Enjoy!
- This is a reduced sugar version of a recipe originally submitted by an Allrecipes home cook.
- Serving Size: 1 prepared chicken breast, 1/4 cup sauce
Per Serving: 349 calories; 9.3 g fat; 29.9 g carbohydrates; 34.3 g protein; 106 mg cholesterol; 226 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
As written this would have been way to sweet for us. I cut the sweetener in half and it was still very sweet so I added more water and once the lemon and orange zest and butter were added it w...
I'm only rating the sauce. It was fantastic. I veganized it, using vegan butter and I used a fresh squeezed orange. We poured it over sauteed meatless chicken breasts and grilled peppers. YUMMY!