Forest Fruits Cloud Pudding
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 425 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease bottom and sides of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; dust lightly with flour.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, the egg, and 2 tablespoons of golden syrup in a mixing bowl. Add the sifted dry ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place apples and 1/2 cup sugar into a saucepan and add cold water to almost cover the apples. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain. Stir the berries (drained, if using frozen) into the apple mixture, cover, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the blueberry nectar, cherry preserves, and 2 tablespoons of golden syrup. Set aside.
- Cut cake into 8 slices, about 1 inch thick. Spread each slice with 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam. Arrange slices on the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan or casserole, jam side up. Drizzle the fruit syrup over the slices. Spoon the mixed fruit over the top. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Add egg whites to a large glass or metal bowl and whisk until foamy. Add a pinch of salt. While continuing to whisk, gradually incorporate 1 cup of sugar, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the fruit to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until meringue is golden brown.
- If using frozen berries, thaw and drain them but reserve the juice to use instead of the blueberry nectar for the fruit syrup.
Per Serving: 425 calories; 1 g fat; 103.3 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 349 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1