Ingredients2 h servings 714
- In a saucepan, combine diced tomatoes, pureed tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, honey, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes, allowing to thicken. Stir in mushrooms and onions. Cook for 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and partially cook the chicken on all sides until no longer pink on the outside. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, sear the polenta pieces in the remaining olive oil until the outsides are crispy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with half of the polenta slices. Thinly spread about half of the pesto over the polenta. Then cover the polenta with chicken, tomato sauce and a half-cup of the Mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layering of polenta, pesto, chicken, and sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove, uncover, and top with the remaining Mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 714 calories; 28.5 71 46.3 86 1329 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I really loved this recipe. However, i switched things up a bit and used store bought spaghetti sauce and then made my own polenta that had spinach, garlic and cheese in it. Polenta is sooo easy...
Searching on this website for a way to use Polenta, I checked this recipe out. My rating reflects my changes. Seemed like the ingredients were a little unusual, but it looked like something I c...
This is a good one! I tossed the chicken chunks in the pesto sauce instead of trying to smear it over the pieces of polenta, and used canned tomato sauce for convenience. I couldn't find pre-m...
This recipe is really nice, i didn't put 6 cloves of garlic in i only put in 3, and it was ample. i also didn't need to cook the sauce for 45minutes, i just cooked it until the sauce began to t...
This is WONDERFUL. My husband has begged its permanent residence in my recipe box. I did leave this a vegetarian dish, omitting the chicken, and I added a couple of layers of flat noodles in a...
This was my first time eating polenta, and it was pretty good. I used a little more chicken than the recipe calls for and it turned out great. I'm a sucker for pasta, though.
I too was searching for a polenta recipe and came across this. My husband has a gluten intolerance so thought I'd give it a try. I used canned, no-salt added tomatoes as I had no good fresh on...
I didn't change a thing; this was very tasty and simple; I'm not much of a pasta fan; first time trying polenta; and I loved it. I will definitely be making it again.