Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 865
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken, cardamom pods, cinnamon, and whole red onion into a large Dutch oven. Fill with enough water to cover the chicken, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil for 20 minutes. Reserve 4 cups of the resulting chicken stock in a large saucepan.
- Remove the chicken and onion from the Dutch oven and place in a roasting pan. Season the chicken with the dried cilantro, black pepper, and salt; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking until the chicken becomes golden brown.
- Meanwhile, pour the rice in with the reserved chicken stock. Bring the rice to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. once it reaches a boil, cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low, simmer covered for 15 minutes. Stir the milk into the rice and bring the heat back up to medium-low; cook uncovered until no liquid remains. Serve the rice topped with the chicken and onion.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 865 calories; 42.7 57.3 57.9 208 433 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Good. Served to company and they all liked it too. It does not say whether to include the cinnamon sticks and pods in the broth that you use to cook the rice. I did not but I will try doing d...
I enjoyed this recipe because it was very easy to make and had a unique and subtle flavor. I also like that the rice is partially made with milk - it is a technique I will probably use in other ...
Fragrant and delicous. The milk makes the rice rich, but not heavy.