Ingredients3 h 43 m servings 1140 cals
- Stir together 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, vanilla vodka, ginger, brown sugar, and white sugar in a mixing bowl until blended. Adjust the sugar to taste.
- Place the steak strips in a large, resealable plastic bag. Pour in the pineapple juice mixture and seal the bag. Turn the bag gently to evenly coat steak with the marinade. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Remove steak strips from marinade and place in the skillet. Cook and stir the steak strips until browned and no longer pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
- Place the pineapple chunks in a separate skillet. Cook over medium heat until slightly soft and heated through, about 4 minutes. To serve, divide the rice between two bowls, top with steak strips and pineapple chunks, and toss briefly.
Per Serving: 1140 calories; 67.5 g fat; 58.5 g carbohydrates; 70 g protein; 228 mg cholesterol; 1092 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This meal is quite zesty i must say! Easy to make & great with fried rice. I have done this 3 times already & will do many more. Thank you
I love the combo of steak and pineapple but this needs a little more tweeking. I would use more ginger and add garlic next time.