Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 659
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift the cake flour and salt into a bowl. Cream the butter with 1 1/3 cups sugar in a large mixing bowl until light colored and fluffy. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until well blended. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, alternating with the flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake in preheated oven until top springs back when lightly touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool cake 15 minutes before turning out of pan.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries in a separate bowl. Toss gently with 1/3 cup sugar, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the yogurt, heavy cream, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl, and stir until well blended. To serve, top slices of cake with strawberries and a dollop of the cream mixture.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 659 calories; 32.9 83.2 10.4 200 392 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was a good but different shortcake. It really is more of a pound cake. If you don't have cake flour, you can use 1 3/4 cups all-purpose mixed with 1/4 cup cornstarch. It took 1 hour 20 m...
This is tasty, but it is a pound cake. Be prepared for that before making it. It does state "pound cake" in the description. Therefore it is a very dense, heavy cake. Mine was a little on the dr...
An excellent recipe, but as said in the other review, the "cream" is too runny. Good recipe, though.
Excellent pound cake base for strawberries. Do use cake flour because there really is no good substitute. As to complaints about it being dry this was not a problem here. Also liked the tang...