Grilled Sausages with Prunes and Bacon
Ingredients30 m servings 541 cals
- Prick the casing of each sausage in a few places to prevent them from bursting. Place the sausages in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 minutes. Remove from pot and let cool.
- Place toothpicks in a small bowl of water and soak 10 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.
- Slice sausages halfway through on the long side. Stuff 3 prunes into the opening. Wrap a bacon slice around the sausage in a spiral and secure with two toothpicks. Repeat with all 6 sausages.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Place sausages onto preheated grill and cook, turning once, until desired doneness, or until bacon is browned. Serve on buns topped with desired condiments.
Per Serving: 541 calories; 33.1 g fat; 39.9 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 79 mg cholesterol; 1210 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This sounded so strange I had to try it. I loved the way the sweet prunes and salty bacon complimented eachother. Next time I will chop the prunes up more fine so they don't come out in big clum...