Ingredients4 h servings 529
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Stir together the onion, roasted red peppers, whiskey, and garlic and place this mixture inside the cavity of the bird. Mince chipotle peppers in a food processor until about the consistency of spaghetti sauce. Rub half of the chipotles on the outside of the turkey, and place the rest inside the bird cavity. Place turkey in a roasting bag; close the bag according to the bag directions, and place onto a roasting pan.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 3 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the turkey from the oven, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note
- I recommend making the turkey a day in advance; then you can chop the turkey into chunks, put it into a crock pot and fill remaining space with the turkey broth. Heat on LOW until heated through, about 2 hours.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 529 calories; 23.5 2.1 67.6 196 234 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I used this recipe for the stuffing but with an addition. I first fried together the chopped onion, the garlic and a fresh red bell pepper, then added the can of roasted peppers, the can of chi...
This is terrific. I made it a day in advance of a large family gathering. The flavors were subtle; not hot or too spicy. The meat was very moist and tasty. I used the leftovers to make the ...
This recipe is the bomb! I was scared to death whole time it was roasting but was completely surprised when it came out great! I followed the instructions as is and you guys, it's really not spi...
Made this last night for a group of friends and got amazing reviews! I didn't use a roasting bag because I forgot to pick one up...so I basted with the pan juices about every 30 minutes. The chi...
Best turkey I've ever roasted or eaten. I changed the recipe a bit by brining the turkey for 12 hours (in mixture of water, salt, chili powder & peppercorns) before I prepped and roasted it. I...
I just wanted dinner for two, so I used two turkey thighs, trimmed of fat and most of the skin. I scaled the recipe for 5 servings, but upped the amount of chipotles in adobo sauce to 1.5 oz bec...
Delicious, Unique and very outgoing recipe for a very outgoing Thanksgiving Dinner
I used this recipe for one of my turkeys on thanksgiving it was a huge hit with the family. all though I did t tweak the recipe I added 1/3 of a cup of honey and instead of just a cup of whiske...