Grandma Standard's Cornbread Dressing
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 416
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the cornbread cubes into a large bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Place the chicken breasts in a pot and cover with water. Add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan, reserving at least 2 cups of the chicken broth. When cool enough to handle, remove the skin and debone, discarding the skin and bones.
- Mix the onion, chicken broth, and red pepper with the cornbread; mash the mixture using a hand masher. Season to taste with sage, salt, and black pepper, adding a little at a time. Stir in the chicken. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Tip
- Make sure not to use a sweetened corn bread. Ready-made corn bread prepared by your supermarket can also be used or use a mix to make your own.
Per Serving: 416 calories; 15 50.8 18.4 77 812 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This recipe is great. For additional flavor I added finely chopped celery and bell pepper.
This is good just like it's listed, with a little cayenne pepper. I certainly can't imagine adding chili powder to dressing. I added a little bit of poultry seasoning to mine and and it was grea...
Added celery, used chili powder instead of cheyenne, a little poultry seasoning, turn out good, kids & husband liked it. A little sweet for me but still really good, next time use cheyenne and ...
From one southern gal to another This is what I'm talking about!!!! Tell Grandma is right on the money on this one. Thanks!
I USED GRANDMA CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE LAST YEAR FOR THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS AND IT WAS SO GOOD.... IT WAS THE BEST!!! MY FAMILY ATE IT ALL...
This recipe was great. I did not need 15 servings so i made this based on 5 servings. I did modify it a bit by adding 1 granny smith apple chopped and 1/2 cup of dried cranberries. Also I only h...