Ingredients55 m servings 314 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cut both ends off onions and place onto a baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven until centers are soft, about 15 minutes. Remove, and let onions cool.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Peel onions and remove center core leaving 1/2 inch outer shell intact. Mince the center flesh and place in a bowl. Combine with mascarpone cheese, garlic, shallot, and thyme. Fill onion shells with cheese mixture and replace onto baking sheet.
- Bake until the surface of the cheese bubbles, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Per Serving: 314 calories; 26.2 g fat; 17.2 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 38 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Amazing! I did make a couple small changes - had no shallots so I added some snipped fresh chives and some fresh basil from my garden. I used smallish red onions - no more than 2 1/2 to 3 inch...
The presentation is gorgeous, but the taste is lacking. Even with a few more herbs in the mascarponse cheese, the filling had almost no taste. As written, I wouldn't make this recipe again.
We are onion fans, specifically cooked, but with all the onion components going on, there might be one too many, even for the true onion lover. I used the amounts listed, but didn't have enough...
This had potential but didn't turn out well for me. The onions were very raw and basically inedible despite extending the cooking time substantially. I altered the filling at the suggestion of...