Ricotta Kuchen with Streusel Topping
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 413
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 kuchen)
- Place the milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of butter, flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, salt and yeast into the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle and press Start. Let the dough rise 25 minutes.
- While the dough is preparing, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup of white sugar, 3 eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat on high speed 3 to 4 minutes.
- Grease a 15x10 inch baking sheet and set aside. Remove dough from bread machine and place on lightly floured surface. Roll out dough into rectangular shape to fit baking sheet. Carefully slide dough onto baking sheet. Using a knife or scissors, start on the long sides and cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center to make approximately 14 strips on each side. Cut in only far enough to leave a solid strip about 3 inches wide down the center; with the cut strips forming a "fringe" on each side. Spread the ricotta mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over the ricotta mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist the strips into knots to seal. Let the kuchen rest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, prepare the streusel topping by mixing together the brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of butter, and amaretto creamer. Crumble topping over the top of the kuchen.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool 20 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 12.3 62 13.9 94 287 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Sorry to complain, but I am questioning the measurements & directions for this recipe because it was a complete disaster. Although the dough turned out wonderful and tasty (5*'s), the filling a...