Ingredients30 m servings 252
- Thread onto each skewer in the following order: bread, tomato, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, bread. Repeat 1 more time adding an additional piece of bread on the end of each skewer. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lightly brush skewers on each side with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on a preheated medium-high grill and cook until vegetables are cooked crisp/tender, and bread is lightly browned about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Arrange one skewer on to each romaine leaf. Sprinkle each skewer with some of the diced mozzarella cheese and then drizzle with basil pesto.
- What are seasoned skewers?
- They are a 100% natural, fat and sodium - free way to season foods from the inside out. Callisons Fine Foods seasoned skewers release natural oils and herbal extracts into the food as it cooks, infusing your food with flavor. Go to www.seasonedskewers.com to find where they are sold.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 10 31.7 8.6 10 602 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I made these for a recent camping trip, to rave reviews from the family (although they laughed at me for "going to the trouble" -but it really wasn't any trouble :-) I used rosemary skewers fro...
I was unable to find a local suppy of the seasoned skewers, so I made do by soaking regular bamboo skewers, then rubbing each well with a clove of garlic. My peppers were red and green and I us...
Loved this salad. Didn't use the special skewers but it still was great. Made it while camping over an open fire. Will make again!
I made this for ***Recipe Group***. The grilled vegetables were very good. I made garlic infused olive oil since I couldn't find any of the specified skewers. My personal taste preference is ...
I made this for the Recipe Group and I was not able to find the skewers called for in this recipe, so I had to use regular wooden skewers which I soaked in water. Having said that, these were ve...
I used regular skewers soaked and I heated olive oil and garlic together to infuse them I also left out the bell peppers and skewered red onion in place and used the warm infused garlic oil brus...
These were a great addition to chicken kebobs! My cheese melted everywhere, but it won't stop me from making them again!