Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 595 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Remove the neck and any giblets from the chicken cavity. Rinse the chicken with cold water inside and out, and pat dry.
- Insert 2 skewers, lengthwise, through each side of the breast and then 2 through the legs and thighs. With the last 2 skewers, insert them into each side of the breast, crisscrossing the first skewers.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or refrigerated overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To roast the chicken, spray a roasting rack with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the prepared roasting rack and set on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the chicken all over with the butter or olive oil and then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken for about 45 minutes, or until the inner, thickest part of the thigh registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer inserted in the back side of thigh by the body. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle before carving.
- Remove skewers before carving or serving. The chicken is beautiful presented on a platter and carved at the table.
- What are seasoned skewers?
- They are a 100% natural, fat and sodium - free way to season foods from the inside out. Callisons Fine Foods seasoned skewers release natural oils and herbal extracts into the food as it cooks, infusing your food with flavor. Go to www.seasonedskewers.com to find where they are sold.
Per Serving: 595 calories; 37.1 g fat; 0.2 g carbohydrates; 61.2 g protein; 202 mg cholesterol; 688 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2