Mango Masala Scallop Skewers
Callisons Fine Foods, recipe developed by Kathy Ca
Ingredients40 m servings 225 cals
- Soak skewers in white wine for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Trim white end of green onion to 3-inch lengths. Cut the remaining green part into thin slivers for garnish if desired.
- Thread onto a skewer in the following order: scallop-white part of green onion-mango, using 1 piece of each. Repeat 1 more time and then add 1 more scallop to secure the mango. Repeat with remaining skewers. Let sit for 10 to 20 minutes in refrigerator.
- Lightly brush skewers on each side with salad oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place on a preheated medium-high grill and cook until scallops are just cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Garnish with green onion slivers and lime wedges.
- What are seasoned skewers?
- They are a 100% natural, fat and sodium - free way to season foods from the inside out. Callisons Fine Foods seasoned skewers release natural oils and herbal extracts into the food as it cooks, infusing your food with flavor. Go to www.seasonedskewers.com to find where they are sold.
- Chef's Suggestion
- Serve with steamed basmati rice made with a pinch of ground turmeric for color.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 4.6 g fat; 20.3 g carbohydrates; 21.4 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 1093 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
You don't need the seasoned skewers for this recipe to work. Maybe they add some flavor, but we had plenty without them. I soaked plain skewers in wine and sprinkled curry powder on top just f...
Seasoned skewers are amazing! I couldn't imagine what or how they would flavor the scallops and mango until I tried them. They were better than a marinade. The flavor they imparted was deep and ...
These were just terrific. I marinated the scallops in mango juice (used already cut mangos in juice in a jar from the produce isle), soy sauce and ginger. The mango is wonderful on the grill, ...
Excellent recipe. The skewers really add to the flavor so I recommend going out of your way to find them. I live in Los Angeles and went to the Bristol Farms in Manhattan Beach for the skewers...
Excellent! This is a great spring/summer recipe and so amazingly delicious! Thank you!!
I made these for a dinner party. The main change I made was also to skewer some large shrimp. It was awesome. The flavor permeats the seafood. I did mix up a bit of mango chutney with lime ju...
This was a delicious recipe. I used Honey Bourbon skewers and substituted shallots (slightly sauteed) for the green onions. My family loved it and have asked for me to make it again.
This recipe was so good! The flavors in it were just amazing! I couldn't find curry mango skewers anywhere. But did find ginger mango. They were awesome! Like others said, the flavors just permi...