- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Raise the oven's temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the bell and jalapeno peppers on a baking sheet. Roast the peppers for 15 to 20 minutes; until the skin blisters. Let the peppers cool a bit then pull the skin away from the flesh; discard the skin.
- In a food processor or blender combine 4 tablespoons of the pumpkin seeds, cilantro, garlic and the peppers. Blend until the contents are coarsely chopped. With the machine running, slowly add the oil and the lime juice. Blend in the salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally until it is just tender. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Set the pot over medium heat, add the tomatoes and the pesto. Stir well. Add more salt and pepper, if you'd like. Spoon the pasta onto plates. Serve the pasta garnished with the remaining pumpkin seeds and lime wedges.
Per Serving: 620 calories; 21.5 92.9 19.2 0 308 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Unusual sauce. Must like peppers, no doubt! I would serve initially as a side dish. Would be good with grilled marinaded firm tofu slices. If the household chef has a gas range, the pep...
This recipe is great! I added a little bit of shredded mozarella.
This was a great new twist on basic pesto! I did change a few things; we used walnuts instead of pumpkin seeds and roasted the tomatoes with a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper. I served thi...