Nana's Leg of Lamb
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 756
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Remove the skin and fat from the leg of lamb, and season with salt. Poke a knife into the meat and insert slivers of garlic in the holes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the leg of lamb in the hot skillet and cook until browned all over the outside, turning as needed. Transfer to a large roasting pan. Arrange slices of lemon over the roast and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Pour the sauce over the meat and then cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 2 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, basting every 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and lemon slices and discard. Continue to roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches at least 145 degrees F (68 degrees C). Remove from the oven, and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Allow it to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
Per Serving: 756 calories; 57.2 5.1 54.7 219 256 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I must agree this is a fine recipe. We used the recipe, however the lamb was cooked out side on the grill, which gave a better taste and was very tender to perfection. Best served with chilled k...