Ingredients45 m servings 480
- Grease a microwave-safe 9x12 inch baking dish, and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook and stir the beef until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Mix together the cooked ground beef, refried beans, oregano, and cumin in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into uncooked manicotti shells, and place the filled shells into the baking dish. Combine the water and picante sauce in a bowl, and pour over the shells.
- Cover the dish with microwave-safe plastic wrap, cut a few holes in the wrap with a knife to vent, and microwave on High power for 10 minutes. Carefully pull back the plastic wrap to avoid steam, and turn the shells over with tongs. Replace the plastic and microwave an additional 15 to 20 minutes on Medium power, until the shells are cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pull off the plastic wrap, and spoon sour cream over the shells. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and chopped green onions for garnish.
Per Serving: 480 calories; 21.9 44.9 26.3 77 826 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I did this is in the oven instead of the microwave method. We didn't use sour cream and I added a couple of tablespoons of taco seasoning to the meat when cooking it. Turned out great.
I have been making this for years to raves from my guests! My sister got the recipe out of the newspaper and thought it was good enough to send to me. She was right! I cook it in the oven as ...
I grew up on this recipes, it is one of my favorites. The only thing I do differently is I mix the sour cream and green onions together with a can of sliced black olives (drained) and spoon on ...
I've been making this recipe for years and it's one of my favorites. Thanks!
This recipe was a life-saver! Who says you can't have a home-cooked delicious meal when your oven goes on the fritz and your stuck with just a microwave & one working stove top eye? Not me or my...
The manicotti were a bit under cooked and the filling came out a bit dry from the refried beans so next time I will add some sauce to the filling mixture and bake in the oven.
My mom made this for me as a kid and now I make it for my family. We bake it in the oven at 350 for an hour. I don't precook the meat. It cooks up perfect in the noodles. I also add half a pack ...