Mummy's Tea Bread
CR de Q
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 353 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Place the dates, sugar, salt, and butter into a bowl, and pour in the boiling water. Stir together and set aside to cool. Once cool, mix in the egg.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together in a bowl. Pour the raisin mixture over the flour mixture, and stir together until thoroughly combined. Mix in the vanilla extract and, if desired, walnuts. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 353 calories; 9.1 g fat; 65.1 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 320 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I always enjoy trying new tea bread recipes since I drink a lot of fresh brewed tea from leaves in the winter. Since there were no reviews I decided to halve the recipe to try it out. DELICIOU...
Wow, what a great little baked good to take along during the hollidays. Very good as is, however I did add about a teaspoon of cinnamon to the wet mixture.