Sweet Potato and Prune Casserole
Ingredientsservings 296 cals
- Pierce sweet potatoes, and place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until tender. Cool until sweet potatoes can be easily handled. Peel, and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, cinnamon, salt, lemon and prune juice, and melted margarine.
- Cut prunes in half, and remove pits. In a casserole dish, arrange alternating layers of potatoes and prunes. Spoon honey mixture over each layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with liquid in casserole dish.
- Editor's Note:
- You may substitute butter for the margarine, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 5.8 g fat; 63 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 412 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was great! It was easy and tasty! It went at the holiday get together and the recipe was requested several times.
This was rich, but great! we halved the recipe, and needed to make our own 'stewed prunes' (dried prunes from the bulk section cooked in a little water on the stove until they fell apart) becau...
I made this because I had the ingredients and needed a dish for an impromptu pot luck. It was so good and there was none left. It went very well with the ham that was served. An unusual combin...