Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 249
- In a saucepan, bring the water, bulgur, and soy sauce to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Grind cashews and sunflower seeds in a food processor to a fine meal.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked bulgur, ground cashews and sunflower seeds, eggs, chili powder, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours to blend flavors.
- Prepare the grill for medium heat.
- Form the bulgur mixture into 6 patties. To prevent the patties from crumbling, spray a piece of foil with cooking spray, and place on the grill. Grill the patties 10 minutes, turning once, or until heated through and browned. Cooking time may vary according to thickness of patties and heat level.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 12.9 24.6 11.7 169 487 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
These are juicy and delicious. Refrigeration is very important to this recipe, as I found out to my chagrin the second time I made them. This recipe takes flavor additions very well - we have ma...
I'm going to give this four stars, because this recipe prepared as a burger didn't impress me much, and I would have given it maybe one star, but I used the leftover mix (I didn't want to waste ...
Be sure to dampen hands with cold water before handling mixture to prevent mixture for sticking to hands, very hard to remove from hands. Will add extra soy sauce and spices on next batch.
These are great! I think they are some of the best veggie burgers I've had. They can come out kind of dry, so they are good served with lots of mayo and mustard. Also, I refrigerated the mix ...
These were so tasty, but I had trouble with them falling apart and being slightly dry. This may have been my fault for overcooking a bit or because I used less cashews and added some almond butt...
Made these exactly as written and they are delicious! Reminds me of Nature's Burgers I used to have when I was a kid. These will definitely become a staple for when we are going veggie...or jus...
Michael, I have been trying to find ways to substitute grains for meat and this recipe is perfect. I was concerned that the burgers would give me trouble in the tin foil, so I decided to place ...