Brinjal With Walnut Dressing
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 333
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place walnuts on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the smell of the nuts fills the kitchen.
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch thick rings, and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (170 degrees C). Slide eggplant into hot oil, and deep fry until golden brown. Fry in batches to maintain oil temperature. Remove from oil, drain, and cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, green chile peppers, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and walnuts. Season to taste with salt. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place eggplant rings in a serving dish, and spoon dressing evenly over top. Garnish with red pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 333 calories; 27.5 17.3 8.8 16 61 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was an awesome recipe! The only thing I may do differently next time is to dredge the eggplant in a cornmeal batter, to make it a bit crispy. The eggplant soaked up the oil in the pan and ...
OUTSTANDING!This is to DIE for. It's very rare when I don't play with or doctor up a recipe, this is perfect as is. Thank YOU!