Ingredients4 h 5 m servings 249
- Place whole, peeled carrots onto smoker rack. Smoke 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 1 1/2 to 2 gallon soup pot over medium heat. Stir in onions, jalapeno pepper, and garlic, cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Chop carrots, and add to onions along with celery; continue cooking another 5 to 10 minutes until the celery softens.
- Stir in turmeric and curry powder until evenly distributed; pour in vegetable stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the vegetables out of the soup and puree in a blender until smooth. Pour the puree back into the soup, and continue simmering 30 minutes more.
- Whisk butter into soup until melted, then stir in cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Strain soup through a fine mesh strainer before serving.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 16.7 23 3.5 48 710 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I didn't have a smoker, so I added 1 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke when cooking the carrots and onions. I was missing some ingredients so I used 1tsp smoked chipotle Tabasco sauce and 1/2tsp red peppe...
WOW! WOW! WOW! I more or less cut this in half. I used my stove top smoker, steamed the carrot coins first then smoked. Not enough smoke flavor so I smoked again. (just learning) I used 2 who...
LOVED IT! I had lots of carrots to use, so looked up recipes until I found this one. I did change things, just to use what I had on hand. Here's what I did: 1 1/2 lbs of grated carrots, 1 on...