- Drain and reserve syrup from apricots and pineapple. Add water to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the gelatin in hot water. Stir in 1 1/2 cups reserved fruit syrup, set aside to cool.
- To the gelatin mixture, add the apricots, pineapple, nuts and marshmallows. Stir to combine, pour into a lightly oiled 9x13 inch pan and chill until firm.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, flour, egg, remaining fruit syrup and butter. Heat and stir constantly until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chilled custard mixture. Spread over gelatin, refrigerate, and sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 14.4 61.7 6 52 166 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Thanks for this oldtime recipe. My cousin had given it to me years ago and I made it several years at Thanksgiving, then lost it. The grated cheese on top does sound weird, but it really makes...
This was an excellent recipe. The taste was great, and I didn't think it was that sweet. I didn't add any cheese to it, but topped the custard sauce with a little cinnamon. The only that I di...
This was a total hit with both sides of my family, I have even sent to recipe on to my uncle! Love it! will make again for sure!
Very refreshing gelatin salad. I made this with sugar-free gelatin. Cut nicely and held it's shape to serve individual servings. Would be a nice salad to mix up the jell-o flavors and the fr...