Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 751 cals
- Butter and flour one angle food tube cake pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well. Sift flour with soda and salt; add sour cream and brandy ending with flour. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Prepare the syrup in a sauce pan by combining the sugar, peach flavored liqueur, water and lemon zest. Boil for 1 minute.
- Turn cake out onto plate and punch holes in bottom of cake with ice pick or something similar. Slowly pour all of syrup into holes until cake is penetrated and syrup is absorbed. Immediately turn cake right side up onto serving plate.
- Prepare the topping/glaze by combining the apricot preserves, apricot brandy and lemon zest in a sauce pan and boiling for 1 minute. Drizzle over top of cake. Place sliced almonds on top of glaze along with a little lemon zest if desired.
- Serve the cake with sliced fresh peaches and coat with 1/2 cup citrus juice. Add one basket blueberries and mix together. Pour 1/2 cup peach flavored liqueur and 1/2 cup simple syrup over fruit. (simple syrup made from 1/2 cup sugar boiled in 1 cup water for 1 minute and cooled)
Per Serving: 751 calories; 25.2 g fat; 114.4 g carbohydrates; 8.6 g protein; 142 mg cholesterol; 289 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
This cake provided a decadent outstandingly delicious presentation to my Easter table. Everyone raved about how moist and flavorful it was. Two ladies went home with the recipe. I omitted step 6...
This cake was perfect it was moist and wonderful with ice cream on the side. The holes were the only problem if they are not wide enough the filling doesn't get in the cake. I used a skewer next...
It does take a while to make but well worth it. Great recipe! Thanks!
What a very yummy cake this is! I halved this, cooking it in a mini Bundt pan (an 8 cup size). I can't imagine making the whole thing unless you have a super-sized crowd to sample it. I skipp...
Amazing cake! Super yummy, and everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again. I might make a 1/2 recipe since this cake was too huge for my gatherings. Make sure you have a proper angel f...