Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 to 8 servings)
- Using a saute pan melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, over low heat, and saute onions.
- Using a double broiler melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. Add flour and stir until well blended.
- Combine sauteed onions and flour mixture into a large stock pot. Add 1 quart whole milk and stir constantly until soup is well blended.
- Add the crab meat and roe and stir well; add pepper and mace and cook slowly for 20 minutes. Add 1 pint of milk and stir.
- Remove from heat and add wine.
- Serve in soup bowls which have been heated and garnish with sour cream, parsley sprigs or a sprinkle of paprika.
You might also like
Per Serving: 292 calories; 12.5 17.6 25.7 138 501 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is good! Crab roe is all but impossible to find. Some people use crumbled hard cooked egg yolks as a substitute. I prefer to use tapioca along with some finely crumbled egg yolks. The e...