Chicken and Honey-Buttered Waffles
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Every Day with Rachael Ray
"You can eat this southern inspired breakfast in the evening for a delectable down-home dinner."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 1144
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with the honey; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and place a baking sheet on the middle rack. Preheat a waffle iron. In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups of the waffle mix, 2 of the eggs, the milk and 1/3 cup of the oil until just blended. Ladle some of the batter onto the waffle iron and cook the waffle until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the oven to keep warm (do not overlap the waffles) and cook the remaining waffles.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the remaining 2 eggs. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of dry waffle mix on a plate and the bread crumbs on another plate. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Dredge each cutlet in the dry waffle mix, dip in the beaten eggs, then coat with bread crumbs. Working in batches, fry the chicken until browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Warm the applesauce in a microwave on high power for about 15 seconds. Divide the chicken cutlets among 4 plates and top with half a waffle, some applesauce and the honey butter.
Per Serving: 1144 calories; 51.6 111 58.6 328 2190 Full nutrition