Ingredients55 m servings 651
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Using a paring knife, cut a pocket into the side of each breast. Place into skillet and sear until lightly browned on both sides, but not cooked through. Set aside.
- Combine cornbread, bacon, celery, onion, butter, and 1/4 cup chicken stock; mix until well combined. Stuff each breast with cornbread mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, bring 1/3 cup chicken stock to a simmer. Whisk in plum jam, and simmer over medium-low heat until most of the chicken stock has evaporated.
- Pour plum glaze over chicken breasts, and cook for an additional 10 minutes and the center of the stuffed breast reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Per Serving: 651 calories; 27.5 61 39.9 150 728 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 67
This is an edit to my previous review - this recipe has been very well received by everyone who has eaten it. I have made it with peach jam which was too sweet and finally found the plum jam - ...
Wow! This dish was AMAZING! I made it for my parents' Anniversary party a few weeks back and it was such a hit! I put salt and pepper on the breasts before browning them, and added the garlic...
Easy, Delicious, & Quick! A nice twist on chicken! Substituted the butter for olive oil...to the stuffing added half a minced clove of garlic and a tablespoon of minced fresh Italian parsley. ...
This was super easy to make and very yummy. I did substitute apricot preserves for plum jam since we didn't have any in the house and I think it tasted great. I'll have to pick up some plum jam ...
Yum! I liked the idea of having a cornbread stuffed chicken and the stuffing is delicious. But the addition of the glaze overtop made this extra tasty. I did subsitute apricot jam for the plum a...
I made this for a friend who is allergic to corn, so instead of cornmeal, I used plain cooked couscous. It was fabulous. Next time I think I will try rice stuffing for a different take on this r...
This was incredibly delicious and very easy! My family was very impressed with the meal. Looking forward to changing things up with different jams/sauces. For this, I used a Plum Sauce I found i...
Simple and so very delicious. I added 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme to the stuffing and stuffed the chicken prior to browning, then finished in the oven. This is a keeper. Thank you.