Cream Cheese Brownie Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This fudgy top-prize winning dessert needs nothing more than an ice-cold glass of milk to make a perfect ending to any meal. Submitted by Roberta Sonefeld of Hopkins, SC for Bake-Off Contest 39, 2000."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 5 m servings
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 of the eggs on medium speed until smooth; set aside.
- Reserve hot fudge packet from brownie mix for topping. In large bowl, beat brownie mix, oil, 1 tablespoon of the water and remaining 2 eggs 50 strokes with spoon.
- Spread 1/2 cup brownie mixture in bottom of crust-lined pan. Spoon and carefully spread cream cheese mixture over brownie layer. Top with remaining brownie mixture; spread evenly. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until center is puffed and crust is golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning (pie may have cracks on surface).
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave hot fudge from packet on High 30 seconds. Stir in remaining tablespoon water. Drizzle fudge over top of pie. Cool completely, about 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
- Add 3 tablespoons flour to dry brownie mix. Bake as directed above.