Chicken Soup Tete Style
"My husband's Grandmother from Syria made soup similar to this. Very hearty and great for those who don't feel well."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 5 servings (4 to 6 servings)
- Place chicken, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, cilantro, peppercorns, and bay leave in a large stock pot and fill with cold water, (it is not necessary to peel the garlic or onion, just wash the outside.) Using low heat cook for 4 hours after boiling begins or until water line is an inch or two from the top.
- Using a colander drain broth into another pot. Reserve chicken meat and discard the rest.
- In a bowl put rice and 1 cup of water to soak. While it is soaking skim fat off the top of broth and remove usable meat from chicken.
- Add rice to chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. Boil at least 20 minutes and then add shredded chicken. Remove from heat and let sit until soup thickens.
- Once soup has reached desired thickness heat through and serve.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 615 calories; 17 74.5 38.6 100 157 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
When made as instructed, it's a bit of a mild soup. There is nothing wrong with the recipe itself, though, it merely is a bit lazy on the prep work. If you want the soup to be spicy, you will ...