Ingredientsservings 109 cals
- In a large stock pot, add water and 2 large potatoes, peeled and quartered. Bring to boil, then add mashed tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes, add barley and rice and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes and mash together with margarine, set aside.
- Add salt, pepper, carrots and beans and cook for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add onions, cubed potatoes, celery, peas and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir. Add barley flakes and cook for an additional 5 minutes and serve.
Per Serving: 109 calories; 1.6 g fat; 21.8 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 100 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Nice recipe, although the onion needs to be cooked a tad longer. The broth is a little lacking in flavor.
I would give more stars to my version of this, but if you made it following the recipe, it would be very watery and bland. I used the amount of vegetables in the 16 serving recipe, with generou...